Bison Cooking Methods
- Broiling - Best for steaks cut from the Round, Short Loin, Sirloin and Rib. Start with a hot grill, cook hot and fast.
- Braising - Best for roasts cut from the Round, Fore shank, Chuck and Flank. Moist heated cooking, browning meat in oil, then adding small amount of water.
- Roasting - Best for roasts cut from the round, Short Loin, Rib and Chuck. Moist heated cooking, using larger amounts of liquid and low heat.
- Pan-frying - Best for cubed or marinated steaks.
- Marinating - Best for steaks or roasts that are not from the Sirloin.
- Cooking in Liquid - Best for cuts from the Fore Shank, Brisket, Chuck and Rib, especially for cuts with little meat and a lot of bone (Back Ribs, Short Ribs)